Connectors are getting smaller and smaller, and their terminals are getting smaller and smaller. Furthermore, the requirements for our stamping have been greatly improved. The burr problem is what we must pay attention to:
Stamping is a forming processing method that relies on presses and molds to apply external force to plates, strips, pipes, and profiles to cause plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain workpieces of required shape and size. In the processing of metal stamping parts, sometimes it is found that stamping parts have burrs of different sizes, which have a certain impact on product quality. So what are the causes of burrs in custom Metal Stamping Parts? Here is a brief introduction to the common causes of burrs:
One. Blunt cutting edge. Burrs can be produced when the cutting edge becomes dull or gnawed. The factors that affect the blunt edge are:
1. The material and surface treatment of the convex and concave molds are poor, and the wear resistance is poor;
2. The die structure is poor and the rigidity is poor, causing gnawing injuries;
3. It is not lubricated in time during operation and wears quickly;
4. Failure to sharpen the edge in time.
Two. Gap. If the blanking gap is too large, too small, or uneven, burrs can be produced. The following factors affect the gap that is too large, too small, or uneven:
1. Mold manufacturing errors die parts processing that does not meet the drawings, and the bottom plate parallelism is not good, etc.;
2. Mold assembly errors, large gaps in the guiding part, different assembly of convex and concave molds, etc.;
3. The precision of the press is poor. For example, the gap of the guide rail of the press is too large, the bottom surface of the slider is not parallel to the surface of the worktable, or the verticality of the stroke of the slider and the press table is not good, and the rigidity of the worktable is poor. Deflection during cutting can cause the gap to change;
4. Installation errors, such as the upper and lower bottom plate surfaces of the punch die not being cleaned during installation or the fastening method of the upper die of the large die is improper, the upper and lower die of the die are installed out of concentricity (especially the die without guide pillar), which causes the working part to tilt;
5. The structure of the die is unreasonable, the rigidity of the die and the working part is not enough, the punching force is unbalanced, etc.
6. The steel plate has a large curvature and an uneven steel plate.
Three, the performance of stamping oil is not up to standard
Rapeseed oil, machine oil, regenerated oil and other non-special oils cannot meet the requirements of stamping processing in terms of extreme pressure, anti-wear performance, corrosion resistance, and cooling performance, so it will cause workpiece burrs and machine rust. Yellow bubbles, workers’ skin allergies, and other problems. The special Yida Borun stamping oil is made of sulfurized lard and sulfurized fatty acid ester as the main additives, which can be suitable for various types of equipment to stamp, punch and draw copper, aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium alloy, and other materials And other processes.
Metal Stamping Parts
Four. Improper blanking state
For example, if the blank (including the intermediate part) is not in contact with the punch or die, when the trimming and punching with an improperly positioned relative height, the height of the part will be lower than the relative height of the positioning, and the shape of the part during the punching process Burrs are generated due to incompliance with the shape of the cutting edge.
Five, the craftsmanship of the parts is poor
Complicated shapes with convex or concave sharp corners are prone to burrs due to rapid wear.
Six, the material does not meet the craft regulations
The thickness of the material is seriously out of tolerance or the wrong material (such as the wrong steel grade) causes the relative gap to be unreasonable and causes the part to produce burrs.
The above content is about the causes of burrs in the Weld Stamping Parts. I believe everyone has already understood. The burrs of metal stamping and pressing parts are usually produced in sheet metal blanking. By improving the manufacturability of the parts and the stamping conditions, the occurrence of burrs can be avoided.