What Principles Should Be Followed in the Selection and Processing of Metal Stamping Parts?
1. For the cut-to-length plate, try to choose the appropriate size. After cutting from the steel plant, there is no need to perform secondary shearing to reduce the cutting cost; for the coiled plate, try to choose the coil material specification and process for uncoiling forming to reduce two The workload of sub-cutting improves work efficiency.
2. The thickness of the plate has deviation requirements, usually, within the allowable range of deviation, the plate with the lower deviation should be selected first.
3. Determining the shape and size of the unfolded sheet of metal stamping parts is a prerequisite for analyzing the degree of deformation of the stamping parts, designing the craftsmanship, and drawing up the process regulations. If the shape of the sheet is appropriate, not only the uneven distribution of deformation along the sheet can be significantly improved, but also the forming limit can be increased, the height of the lug can be reduced, and the margin for trimming can be reduced.
Metal Stamping Parts
In addition, for some parts that are directly formed after blanking, if the accurate sheet shape and size can be given, the number of mold trial adjustments can be reduced, thereby shortening the production cycle and improving productivity.
4. When selecting materials for product design, avoid using high-grade materials to cause excess product performance. At the same time, on the premise of meeting product and process requirements, try to choose the material and thickness of the existing mass-produced models to form a material platform. Provide convenience for subsequent procurement and inventory management.
5 principles to be followed in the processing of custom metal stamping parts
1. When the section quality and dimensional accuracy of the metal stamping parts are required to be high, consider adding a trimming process after the punching process or directly adopting a precision blanking process.
2. The number of processes for the bending part mainly depends on the complexity of its structure and shape, which is determined by the number of bending angles, relative positions, and bending directions. When the bending radius of the bending piece is less than the allowable value, a reshaping process is added after bending.
3. The number of processes for drawing parts is related to material properties, drawing height, a number of drawing steps, drawing diameter, material thickness, and other conditions, which can be determined only after drawing processing technology calculations. When the corner radius of the stretched part is small or the dimensional accuracy requirements are high, a reshaping process needs to be added after stretching.
4. In order to improve the stability of the stamping process, it is sometimes necessary to increase the number of processes to ensure the quality of stamping parts.
5. The metal stamping parts with simple shapes are punched out by a single processor die. For workpieces with complex shapes, the inner and outer contours of the mold should be divided into several parts due to the restriction of the structure or strength of the mold, which requires multiple stamping processes. When necessary, a continuous die can be used. For metal stamping parts with high flatness requirements, a leveling process can be added after the punching process.